Once known as the Convent of the Good Shepherd, the Convent provided refuge for vulnerable women, children and orphans. Nowadays, the convent building and formal gardens play host to events and festivals, workshops and classes, music and theatre performances, and in summer, outdoor cinema. Located on a bend of the Yarra river, the historic site features beautiful and eery gothic spires of the convent, lush lawns, secluded courtyards and a meticulously restored formal garden. Entry is also free and the garden is open late. Have a beer or even join a team of gardening volunteers. Nowadays, the venue hosts events and festivals, workshops and classes, performances, and summer outdoor film screenings.
- Address: 1 St Heliers Street, Abbotsford
- Phone: +61 3 9415 3600
- More Info: abbotsfordconvent.com.au
- Address: Tue–Sat 7:30am–10:30pm, Sun & Mon 7:30am–9:30pm
- More Info: Nearby station is Victoria Park
- More Info: https://www.facebook.com/AbbotsfordConvent/